Its official, Will has been with Miss Lynn for three days now! Each day the report has come back that he is doing better than the day before! He has stopped crying as much during the day and they said that he no longer exhibits a sense of fear. Today was a tough morning too, he was clinging to me crying as I was leaving, and this sure doesn't help me! But...when I called to check he was doing well.
Will has a thing for "Papa's" and has really enjoyed when Miss Lynn's husband is home! They said he talks to him and plays with him while he works on the computer! He even plays chase with him! So these are the images I have had in my mind today, and that has helped!
I have really appreciated some wonderful friends, and two in particular from college and a cousin, that have really encouraged me through this week. There is no question, it has been a tough week and will continue to be, but I am gaining more peace every day that it is going to be okay! Its still not easy, and I will also say, I never stop thinking about Will, I give my best at my job during the day, but in the back of my mind he is there, always! Some say this never goes away, and I am okay with that, at times it makes me smile and at times it makes me cry, but it always makes me appreciate the fact that he is there!
I told Austin, if I have speeding tickets when he comes home in November, I can tell him they will all be from the afternoon on Whiskey Road on my way to get Will. I actually get sick to my stomach with excitement! Man I love my boys!
Today I took Will to get ice cream after work, a little treat for doing well (okay so maybe he doesn't get that idea yet but I do and I get ice cream out of it too!). He devoured, on his own, some yummy ice cream!
Will is saying a lot these days and mimics everything I say (Watch out!). He is a pro at NO, shoes, truck, car, yes, papa, pop, dad, mom, duck, water, towel, num num:-), and everything he mimics is very close! He signs more and please. He does not sit down, he runs around the house without stopping, so that is why I no longer go out for runs, oh wait, no that is because it is too stinking hot!:-)
Thank you everyone for your prayers, it has been a tough week but we are one day away from heading back to NC to see the family and for me to swim-bike-run on Sunday!!!!!!!
"Great is Thy Faithfulness, morning by morning new mercies I see. ALL I HAVE NEEDED THY HAND HATH PROVIDED! Great is Thy Faithfulness Lord unto me!"
Luke and I have been signing great is thy faithfulness this week! It will get easier.....I am 2 1/2 years into this and I still run with excitement to get him everyday! Keep your hands open and your knees bent!
ReplyDeleteOh, and the running thing only gets faster. Most people ask me what I do to work out.....I just tell them...um....I have a 2 year old!