This week is my second week of working full time and Will's second week at Miss Lynne's. Will turned the corner yesterday and is doing very well. This has been a huge load off, although I still hate taking him and leaving him, I am at peace knowing that he is having fun. I can do my job to the best of my ability but don't get me wrong, ever last piece of me still wants to be with Will all day long! I am amazed I don't have a speeding ticket yet!
Will is my joy, he brings a smile to my face so easily! Some of the things he is doing now: eating on his own (Yay he is eating again!!!!), clapping when he does something I asked him to do (like give Lindy a treat, I give Cooper his because you have to put it in front of his face and wait for him to sniff it out), pointing to his eyes/nose/mouth/ears/ and head on cue, talking talking talking, waving waving waving, and the thing he does the most: RUN! The child doesn't sit and I love it, it means I don't have to find a time that it is below 100 to go out and run!
This week has been wonderful, but I have had moments that I wonder if I will ever get the hang of things! I left NC Sunday in tears, as I always do, so excited about completing my first triathlon with Anna but so sad to leave so many that I love!
I was crying because I was terrified to do this all on my own, but reality is, I don't! Sunday I drove home and had to stop within 45 minutes to get a soda so I didn't fall asleep. When I got home Will was up while I unloaded the car, fed him dinner, put him down for the night, unpacked, laundry, cleaning and so much more. The next day work, get up in time to get myself and Will ready to go to Miss Lynn's, drop him off, work, come home and entertain him, make dinner, eat dinner, clean up dinner, clean him up, put him down, and all I wanted to do was sleep. BUT I had to mow the yard. I wanted to curl up in a ball and cry but I sang:
"All the way my Savior leads me; cheers each winding path I tread, gives me grace for every trial, feeds me with the living bread. Though my weary steps may falter, and my sould athirst may be, gushing from the rock before me, lo, a spring of joy I see!"
God is so good, I do not deserve all of the things he has given me. And that is the key, he has given them to me so how can I doubt that he will give me everything I need to feed my every need????!!!!!
Each day I leave the house I pray that God will give me the strength I need, and most of all I pray for Will and that when I get home from work that I can set aside my fears and frustrations and love him the way he deserves!
We can do this, God is by my side every step of the way, and I am thankful for friends that have come to my side as well to keep me company!
A little Tri note: I 100% thought I was going to die, a lake swim getting hit and kicked and swam over, but once I got up on the dock to go to the bike, I was thrilled. I LOVED it and see many more in the future! 17 months ago I wasn't sure if I or Will would be around, now we are running together and loving every moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment