Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Some Things You May Not Know!

Over the last couple of days I have felt pretty vulnerable, pretty much like some things about me are out for all to see during this difficult phase of the Bell family life!  So I thought, for those of you who are reading and know me and those who don't truly know me, here are some things that I may hid well or maybe I don't:

1. I laugh when I am nervous or don't know what to say.

2. I am very insecure, yep I said it, I am VERY insecure.  I want people to like me, I want to "fit", and I want to "fly under the radar" if I don't know the answer (which brings me to number 3).

3.  I HATE to be called on on the spot.  All of my college profs and grad school profs told me I needed to speak up more in class but here it is: if you call on me I shut down because I am afraid I am going to mess up in front of everyone.  So yes, if you call on me I may shut down, I like to be prepared.

4. I drink soda, eat fast food, eat sweets.........on occasion!  For some reason many think I stay small because "i eat like a bird." Ummmm NOPE, sure don't, I exercise because I love to eat!

5. I LOVE MY CHILD! Nuff said!

6. I change clothes multiple times a day (and yes this goes back to college when my roomies told me there was a spot in front of my closet because I changed so much).  I don't like to wear the same outfit for long!

7. I sing in the car and even after dropping Will off there is a very good chance that 15 minutes or so later I am still listening to Barny or Bible Songs and signing as if he were in the back seat.

8. I have an angry bone in my body, it comes out at certain times and in certain circumstances, I don't like it.

9.  I have a very specific routine on how I use my towel after the shower to dry off.

10.  I'm slightly OCD:-) (and you can look back at number 9 to see that I could probably take out the word slightly from number 10.)

11. I don't like to be told something will be done and it doesn't get done (I also don't like to be told that I will be contacted about getting together and then ignored, it makes me feel like I did something wrong).

12. I LOVE my husband (and if you don't have kids you may wonder why he was number 12 and Will was higher up the list, well there is a question in a book about being parents that implies that husbands that are fathers know that they got demoted when the child was born)!  But....I LOVE them both with all of my heart!

13. I am REALLY bad at trusting the Lord, you would think I would have learned that He takes care of me over the last 17 months but I still question why He does what He does!

14. I love being a mother and a wife: I have no problem with the fact that my hips are wider, my bladder sucks, and that I have fat in places that will never go away because if that is the only thing I had to get in order to be blessed with Will, bring it on again and again!

And there is much more, but this is what came to mind after a draining day!

No comments:

Post a Comment