Friday, May 13, 2011

You Are Beautiful

I feel like I've waited long enough to post this but maybe not....you never know but I am going to take the chance. This has been something on my heart since the day Austin called me to tell me he would no longer be working at his place of employment back in January. Many people have asked me why Austin would choose to leave a job in this economy before he had another job. Austin and I had been debating and praying about his job and we were feeling that God was saying, enough, you can't do this anymore, long before the day came that he would leave. Rumors have flown, as they always do, but we stand firm in the decision that God was calling Austin somewhere else and telling us that Austin did not need to be a part of his current workplace. The way God chose to do it was not exactly our plan, it hit us from behind, but it ended in something so much better than we had ever planned. BUT...it did not come without feelings of hurt which is where this story comes in. That day I was driving home from work when I heard this song come on the radio and it brought tears streaming down my face as I thought of my husband's character and desire to give everything he has, to work every day at 110 percent, yet to end up in the position that he did without warning:





The days will come when you don't have the strength,


When all you hear is you're not worth anything,


wondering if you ever could be loved,


And if they truly saw your heart they'd see too much.






You're beautiful, You are made so much more than all of this, You're beautiful


You are treasured, You are sacred, You are His You're beautiful.



I'm praying that you have the heart to find,


Cause you are more than what is hurting you tonight,


For all the lies you've held inside so long,


And they are nothing in the shadow of the cross.



You're beautiful, You are made for so much more than all of this, You're beautiful


You are treasured, You are sacred, You are His You're beautiful.


Not only did this song mean so much to us in that situation, this song is a daily reminder to me of how much my Father in heaven loves me. In a completely different way than I saw this song for Austin, this is my daily struggle. My insecurities cover up a heart and a beauty inside that should never be hidden. But it is a neverending battle for me, it is a search for True Lasting Beauty that I can only find in Christ. We are to live each day for him, to bring him glory, and that is what was important that day in January, and is important every day of our lives. We are beautiful, we are not the worlds, we are sinful, yet we are beautiful and he is willing to claim us as his despite our shortcomings.

No comments:

Post a Comment