I say this next paragraph to set the stage for what is to come so hang in there:
My day went like this today: I got up after a few hours of sleep, all because my fears got the best of me after I watched one hottie win DWTS, and I couldn't sleep. I went for a run with Lindy at O'dark thirty but finished as the sun was coming up over the hill. I got ready, went to work, went to Wal-Mart, went to buy a 70 dollar compression sock, went back to work, talked to my entire family in North Carolina from Aiken (Austin, Will, Mom, Dad, Ashley, Claire, Grant, okay no Darrell but you get my drift). I went home to eat lunch while I waited for the termite guy, alone with the dogs. I went back to work, came home, packed....I then went out and mowed the grass in the 90 plus degree heat at 6 pm that I am having a hard time over the last week being thankful for. I then spread fertilizer and weeded. Now I sit at the computer with this to say in response to all of the above:
I am eternally thankful. For what? Well lets just see:
I am thankful this is not my home, my families home, nor my friend's home:
But I pray for those whose home it is and those who know that person!
And along with the above picture: I am thankful that I was able to talk to my family, I am thankful my family lives in an area that is not Joplin Mo, I am thankful that I have a family that is alive and loves me, I am thankful for my son that is living and breathing proof of a miracle, I am thankful for so much!
I am thankful that I did not have to put this on my son's head to try to save his life through a storm:

Rather, this helmet is on my head, on a body that is physically able to rid a bike.
I am thankful that this is not my leg:
Because one day it looked just like this, and one day it could have taken my life, but it didn't and I am eternally thankful.
I am thankful for a yard to mow, fertilize and weed, I am thankful for a house to return to with air after I have been out in the heat, I am thankful for work, for jobs for Austin and I. I am thankful that my arms hurt to remind me that I am blessed to be alive......AND I am thankful that I was up to see the sun rise this morning to remind me that I rested in the peace and safety of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ that told the sun to rise this morning and died so that I may live to see it!
Praise the Lord, He is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment