Starting something new, a specific focus on certain days of the week. Today, Terrific Tuesday, just to highlight something or some things that made my week great. Today I have two things from last week that really boosted my confidence and made me smile.
Last week my energy levels had increased, everything was feeling good, and I decided it was time to try to finish my runs in the mornings during the week. Partly to get them finished in the cool temps and also to give me more time with my son at the end of the work day. Due to a 30 minute plus drive to work, being at work by 7:30 am, and my slower 18 week prego pace, this means getting up and out the door no later than 5:15 am. Success! I really enjoyed these runs with my dog running friend. They are quiet, peaceful, and cool. I am becoming a weekday morning runner!
The second great booster happened Saturday morning. I wanted to go earlier than usual (I always run Saturday morning) to get to the "new" house to get things cleaned. The best part, my Best Running Friend, wanted to do the same. This is my mom, she is training for her second half marathon and was running 9 miles. I told her I would start with her and see how I felt, hoping to go 7. We wound our way through downtown Asheville before heading to the "flats" of Asheville for a few miles before heading back up for the last two miles.
I recently read a blog post by Dorothy Beal on one of her longer runs while pregnant. The focus was on enjoying the run and gauging it by how she felt. That was my goal Saturday. At the turn around that would have made my 7 mile run I felt great so I pressed on. I was having too much fun with my mom, enjoying the weather, and enjoying the ability to run. We finished 9 miles in 11.5 minute miles. I was elated! Nothing beats starting a Saturday morning run with my BRF, my mom!
Oh, and I can't forget to mention how AMAZING my new running shoes are from Foot RX Asheville! Loving my new Brooks Glycerin! Happy Tuesday y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment