Thursday, September 12, 2013

Healthy Hungry Hump Day

Healthy Hungry Hump Day (Wednesday, but I'm a day late) came to mind yesterday as I pulled out my trusty thermos for my breakfast to eat at work.  I haven't had time to eat at home when I get up to run in the morning so I have gone to breakfast on the go at work.  Two recipes are my favorite, and thanks to a Thermos I bought for Will's school last year, its so easy, healthy and packs a good protein punch.

Two options in this picture, one hot, one cold.


On the left are awesome eggs from Hickory Nut Farm, Yum!!  This one does require about 2 minutes of work in the morning.  Spray a mug with coconut oil or similar, break an egg or two in the mug and mix with a fork.  Microwave for 1 minute, fluff, then about 15 to 30 seconds more.  Transfer to the thermos, sprinkle some salt, pepper and cheese if desired, take and eat, it stays warm! Yum

On the right, greek yogurt, frozen fruit (can use fresh obviously) and a little bit of honey if you need sweet.  I put it all in the Thermos the night before, grab it in the morning and eat when I can.  Sometimes I sprinkle some granola on it, and I change up my fruit.  I have also been pouring a bit of Kefir milk on it as well to make it a little more liquid.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment