Monday, March 10, 2014

Why Do I Work

It probably comes as no surprise that I am asked this question a lot, "do you want to be a stay at home mom?" Or even "When will you be able to stay home?"  My answer has been the same for a long time and this post is going to address a change in that answer rather then a battle between stay at home vs working.

In the past I always responded to the above question with something similar to this, "I don't know, soon I hope...." Followed by justifying our finances and why I can't stay home at this point in time.  Please understand, I long to stay home with my kids, it is the cry of my heart, my prayer to God, my desire.  However, there is a fault in my response.

I want my answer to become a joyful and content, "because God has called me to work as a School Psychologist 'for such a time as this.'"  In all honesty that is a hard response but that is now my prayer.  God has called me to work, and in an amazing field to reach those in need.  That is where he has placed me, that is where he needs me.  Is it tough? You bet! Do I still long for my kids? Absolutely! Do I still pray that one day I can stay home? Heck yes!  But now I pray that I may be content in my calling, God is sovereign and has great paths for my feet to travel.

So if you wonder, if you ask, make no mistake of my hearts desire, but know that I have been called to work outside of the home just as you have been called to work inside your home.  Let us all find joy and contentment in where He has placed us!  This joy will touch more lives and hearts then we can alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment