Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My Boys

I am a horrible blogger I know.  I probably have time to do it, it just isn't a priority for me these days. Every now and then I will post an update or something random that comes to my mind.  This one has been floating through my mind for a while now.  What follows are some pictures of Colin and of my boys together, my hearts!  

A little side note....I'm sure every parent looks at their kids and compares them to each other to see similarities and differences.  Basically, I won't be listing them because Will and Colin at 2 months of age are just plain different, not much similar other then looks.  A summary: Will at 2 months was chill, sedated, put him down to sleep he slept, awake he was content wherever, never cried ever, very scheduled as he did not usually wake up on his own.  Colin is active, he LOVES to smile and talk right now but when he is awake he must be held or entertained, he cries a lot if these things are not being done, we are convinced he has Colic but I have cut out wheat and dairy completely and it has made a significant difference.  

My random "you got this moms" comment.  Who cares if you schedule your child or feed on demand?  Let me tell you just from my experience with these boys, no one should care.  Do what you think is best for you and best for your baby.  Will was scheduled, baby wise scheduled, solely because he slept all the time and needed to be woken up to eat, slept through the night at 7.5 weeks old and ate every 4 hours during the day at that point as well, and he was a chunker!  Colin is not scheduled, I feed him when he wants yet he has fallen into his own schedule quite nicely.  He doesn't always sleep through the night but he goes much longer chunks of time at night then he does during the day, usually giving me at least 6 hours at night, but many times 7-8.  I say that not to brag, my kids haven't done anything special, I haven't done anything special, but they both have done just fine being scheduled and not being scheduled.  So my very unmedical, sleep deprived, mommy brain opinion, do what you want:-) because your child will do what they are created to do.  And both my boys were and are breastfed exclusively at this age and when they got/get a bottle it is my milk (said only for those that are wondering).

So here are the pictures:













1 comment:

  1. These photos are amazing! Your boys are SO beautiful. And is there anything sweeter than tiny little baby feet? :)

    ReplyDelete