It has been a while since I posted. No excuses, just busy all around. We were out of town for a week in Jacksonville and returned right in time to help with my sister's kids while they packed their house to move. We finished that right in time for me to go back to work for a new school year! Shoo, it just makes me tired.
So here is a brief recap:
Jacksonville - HOT AND HUMID! I went for one run, 3 miles, and just couldn't adjust. I couldn't breathe, needed water, and was just exhausted. I was also sleeping with my 3 year old, so not really sleeping, and not able to get up and go run before the heat and humidity set in. I didn't sit around though, I remained very active, walking, fartleking, swimming, and all sorts of things, just not all out running. We had a blast but I was ready to return to the mountain air!
The return - We returned just in time for a "cold front" in August in Asheville. IT WAS AWESOME! Low 60's at night, some in the 50's, perfect running weather. I got out for one run in the midst of van driving 3 kids to get them away from the house. And then it hit, my second round of the stomach virus while pregnant. Sheesh, I was wiped out (no pun intended!!!!). Again, still stayed active but pretty much didn't eat for a couple days, not a good mix when prego! The virus ended just in time for me to go back to work on a Friday. I still couldn't eat a lot but was able to function away from the toilet! Saturday came with an awesome 5 miler on the Biltmore Estate grounds:
This is one of my absolute favorite places to run, gorgeous in every step!
Back at work - Now I am officially back to work, 5 days a week, students come back tomorrow! So that brings me to my new endeavor, MEAL PLANNING!!!!!! Because my time is very limited with all we enjoy doing, I saw an add for emeals on 100 Days of Real Food, endorsed by Dave Ramsey. We like to eat healthy and I like to cook my own food, but I needed someone to do the planning part for me! So day one was today, I am by no means super prego mommy but I felt like it! Up early, breakfast made, off to work, picked up my little man, headed home, played, made dinner........SUCCESS!!!!!
Here is the meal I made tonight with a great 3 year old helper:
Lasagna Florentine Roll ups! It was so very good and so home made! No pasta sauce here! Wait for it.....my 3 year old ate it too, spinach and all!
Things are looking good! On the menu for tomorrow, barbecued chicken with a home made sauce and a run for mommy! Oh and Will's first day at his new school, more to come on that! Baby Bell II is almost 16 weeks young in my tummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment