Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Run from Day One

Before I even became pregnant this time, I knew we would be having discussions about continuing running.  Throw in the "high risk" title and people start to freak out.  However, my high risk status is a bit different, running is good for it, there is no reason to stop (yet).


When I became pregnant I was at the height of mileage, training for a 30K trail run followed the next day by a 15K road run.  I ran the Cradle to the Grave 30K on Saturday May 18th followed by the Biltmore 15K on Sunday May 19th.  I do believe that turn around was harder than any marathon I have run.  I planned these races because I wasn't sure if I would be able to run for a while after we became pregnant.  Thankfully I am able, but it was still so awesome to complete that weekend run fest!

The Almost Top of the Climb at the Cradle

At the finish line of the Biltmore 15K


 While I was running these races, I had no idea that life was beginning in my womb!  A couple weeks later when I found out I couldn't believe it!  I was given the go ahead to continue running and I made up my mind to follow this decision no matter how crappy I feel.

Its been tough to get up in the morning and go, I feel nauseous, I have to stick a shot in my belly, I'm exhausted, all things are working against strapping on the running shoes and going.  But I do, because I feel better when I am finished!  So I continue, with hopes to run another half marathon, just as I did 24 weeks pregnant with Will.  Running makes me happy, it makes me feel good, it is one thing in this pregnancy I can "kind of control"!

Finishing the River Bound Race Series Asheville 6 weeks pregnant with my companion Lindy!

Nothing better than a run on the day I took the test!

A morning run with the BOB, Will and my Road ID of course

Finished the Brevard 10K with my hubs

And two beautiful runs at Biltmore Estate!  I live in one of the best, if not the best, places in the Country to run!



Run on mammas!  You will feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment