Friday, July 26, 2013

Just the Facts

If you haven't heard, I am blessed to be carrying our second child, our next miracle of life.  This post is to update you on the facts, and hopefully answer some questions, many of which you may not want to ask me.

First of all I must say, we are so grateful for this opportunity.  While fertility is not a problem for us, carrying to term has been as well as my diagnosis of May Thurners Syndrome.  If you are unsure of what this is click on over to my High Risk page.  Due to this, we have been consulting with doctors and waiting for the past 3 years and 3 months to find out if we would be able to have another child.  It has been tough, but I am forever thankful we got a "yes" response.

So here we are, I am 12 weeks, due on February 6, 2014 (although it will be earlier which will be explained later).  So far this pregnancy has been the polar opposite of Will.  I have been sick, including a stomach virus, you name a symptom of pregnancy, I have it.  I am also still wearing regular clothes, with Will I was beginning maternity clothes at 8 weeks!!!! But I am thankful, my little brain thinks maybe I will have a nightmare of a pregnancy but perfect post pregnancy since Will's pregnancy was so easy but post, another story!

I am still running.  I have not been told to stop.  If I am told to stop I will.  For now running keeps me feeling normal, it also keeps my circulation going which is good for my faulty veins.  I plan to run  a half marathon but am waiting to make sure all goes well.  If I get up and run, I feel better all day.  I plan to run until I can no longer!

Pregnancy to me is a 40 to 41 week deal.  However, this pregnancy will be different.  The doctors do not want my veins to be pressured in that last week of pregnancy and they need to stop the Lovenox shots, so they will more than likely induce at 39 weeks.  Trying not to have flashbacks to my induction with Will.



Right now we stand at a change in the pregnancy.  I begin the Lovenox shots today.  I know many women who have to do this during pregnancy and I already admire them.  The thought of putting a shot in my pregnant belly every morning terrifies me.  But it is better than the alternative. I will confess, I cried when I got into the car because the reality hit me.  I will be doing this every day until delivery and some weeks after.  I know it will be worth it.

I lived every day of my pregnancy with Will with great joy.  I wasn't in a hurry to deliver, I loved being pregnant.  I want to keep the same attitude this go around despite the very different circumstances.  So you will not hear me complain, this is an incredible blessing no matter what comes my way.

At this point here are some prayer requests:

1. That I can keep a smile on my face every day of this pregnancy despite the many appointments and shots.
2. That the Lord protect the baby inside and myself throughout this process.  This is different for me now, it is different when I ask for protection because I am a mother to a 3 year old.  Your family and friends are the world, but your children are what keeps you up at night wanting to be okay.
3. The doctors believe that my duplicate vein will again collapse.  Pray that the blood thinner keep things thin enough to escape a clot.
4. Pray for our family.  While I have told everyone to treat me no differently than when I was pregnant with Will, I deep down know it is different.  I am worried so I don't want others worry to make it even worse.  I want to trust and I ask for prayer for all of us to trust God's hand to be guiding our every step.
5. Pray for Will and Austin.  They are with me every day.  Austin has been AMAZING these last weeks as has Will.  Pray for strength and patience, for understanding.  And pray that Austin may never have to experience what he did after Will was born as he faced the thought of losing his child and his wife.
6. Lastly, just pray, that we take this time to look up, to thank the Lord and know that he is good.  He is the creator and protector of life.  He will lead us all the way!

1 comment:

  1. Tay! I will be praying for your health, your sweet baby's health, and for Austin and Will.

    ReplyDelete