Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ah the Joy:-)

I was asked quite frequently why we chose to go ahead and put Will in a big boy bed and let me tell you, we had no choice!  Trust me, I am not out to brag and to want to be first......if I did, the crib would be back up because its not worth it!  Will was climbing out of the crib like it was an Olympic sport.  He never got hurt so he never stopped.  As he became tired, body parts began getting stuck and butts started hitting the ground harder.  But that didn't stop him, so we had to.  Here is a picture of his bed (and let me tell you 50 dollars at Wal-Mart, so worth it!).



And him in his bed for the very brief amount of time that goes by befor he gets out!  He hates blankets and quilts and stuffed animals so he has thrown them all off.

Its probably been about 4 weeks now and we have tried many ways to get him in his bed and to stay in his bed.  It still isn't working so tonight I got my mommy nerve and stepped out of my comfort zone with my firm voice.  We will see!

The best part is, Will is Will, he is happy as can be during the day despite getting about 8 to 9 hours of sleep (not a lot for 23 months).  He smiles, laughs, plays and takes a nice but not too long of a nap.  He loves life and everything in it!

While he is being silently strong-willed, these are some things we find that he has done while in his room:



Along with, taking off his Pooh rings and putting them on his bed, hiding his "sassy" around the room, sometimes down in cracks of furniture or in the pockets of the rocker.  He reads to himself and sings.  Then he gets bored and comes out, he is also a pro at opening doors. 

What I love (and sometimes cringe depending on the time, its never later than 6 am right now) is how he wakes us up in the morning.  He has learned from his mommy how things go, he turns off the sleep mate, opens and closes his door, pitter patters across the house, closes any other open doors, walks into his room, hops up on the bed and takes role ("lindy hi, cooper hi, daddy hi, mommy hi").

I love him, I am tired, but I love him still!

1 comment: