Boy have I missed it. It keeps me sane. It keeps me smiling. It keeps me happy. It helps me take the stress away. It gives me precious time with Will to enjoy the outdoors.
Its been a couple weeks since I've really started to get back into it and let me say this: IT FEELS SO GOOD TO BE RUNNING AGAIN!
This is what I love about it right now: it feels like such an accomplishment, I don't take a watch, I don't care how long it takes, I don't take music because I chat with Will, I just ENJOY it!
I will never run another race and hope for a certain finishing time. I am a slow runner and I am perfectly okay with that. I am just happy that I can run.
I signed up for a 10K on October 29th and can't wait just to finish. I got an e-mail about the Biltmore Estate 15K next year and already want to sign up! The bug is back, in a completely different way, but it is back!
Will, Lindy and I went for a run this morning (mom and sara came too) and it was beautiful. Early in the run I headed up a steep hill, pushing Will up in the stroller, holding on tight to Lindy, it was slow going, but I made it to the top and looked left to the lake surrounded by mountains filled with color. This is why I run!
Pop was out running 22 miles, although I would like to do that too, I am content. I am patient, I will wait and hope that I can one day. I didn't think I would ever run a marathon again, but I just may, even if I am the last person to cross the line.
So...get out there and run, run 10 feet, run a mile, run 22 miles or more. If you get out there and run, you are a runner and find a way to enjoy it! For so many years I did it and enjoyed it but my focus has changed in how I enjoy it and that is okay! RUN!
No comments:
Post a Comment