So many of you are probably wondering, why is she blogging about coconut oil? But here it goes, it is about so much more!
A couple of days ago I decided that I was going to fast for the first time in my life this morning. My decision was made to do this in order to remember to pray for a dear friend of mine having a C-Section to deliver a child suffering from heart problems. I decided that I was going to fast until I heard news that she and her sweet boy were safe after delivery. My reasoning, every time my stomach grumbled, I would be brought to my knees in prayer, I need a lot of reminders these days to pray.
So last night I was at Earth Fare with Will and I bought some coconut oil since Austin is not home, I can cook with it. When I woke up this morning, I immediately thought, I cannot wait to have my eggs and toast in coconut oil. That was it, my mind went directly to the throne of God and I prayed. This crossed my mind many times this morning as I was tempted to eat, but each time I remembered to pray, and I prayed in the in between even when my stomach wasn't grumbling. But here is a recap of some of my day that I am reminded how sinful I am yet I walk in the footsteps of a loving Savior who forgives my every failure:
I woke up thinking of coconut oil, I thought of myself first, I yelled at my son in frustration (which immediately made me cry), I got frustrated when he was tired, I got frustrated when I was tired.......and this list goes on.
But, by the grace of God these things took over my day: I prayed more than ever before, I sang hymns and read about the history of each hymn, I kissed my son, I loved my son, I played with my son, I ran with my son to which I began to cry as I came up the hill to the song "Be Still My Soul". I thanked God so many times today that I was able to do so much with my son, that I have a son to love and hold, to run with, and this is what brought tears so many times today as I thought and prayed for my friend.
When I thought of her today, I went back to the day that I was faced with the question of if I would get to bring home my child, if he was going to live or if he was going to die. That day started the darkest year of my life, but my hope is in my Savior who has taught me so much. He suffered pain and turned his face away as his ONLY son died on the cross for me, for ME: the one who yelled at my son for no reason today, for ME! He did this so that I may live and that he may say in those dark hours, I know how it feels, cast your burden on me and rest!
So as I got the news that she was okay and that her child was born alive, I rejoiced but I continued to pray as he is still in NICU and his future on this earth is unknown, I praise God that he is carrying them through and can say to them, I know, let me take your burden from you, let me carry you!
I have cried through this hymn today, some tears of pain and many tears of thanks: "Great is Thy Faithfulness, morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed Thy hand hath provided, Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord Unto Me!!!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment