Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Different Trip Down the Same Road


This morning Austin, Will and I ran our first race as a family, the MCG CMC Heart and Sole 5K. Although Will was not part of the heart section, he was given incredible care at the CMC almost a
year ago...... So we made it a family affair!




Will had his own race shirt and had to support the Heels for a moment and he was ready to go! I must say we made good time even with the pit stop due to the train. As we rounded the last turn we passed University Hospital and ran by the Heart and Vascular Institute. I took a good long look and tears came to my eyes! Was it really almost a year ago that I was in the most expensive bed ever (they should be more comfortable for the price) in ICU? But the biggest tear jerker didn't come for me until we got home.





Once we were home, I thought to myself, we just ran down the same street that almost one year ago we were driven down, Will and I in an ambulance and Austin, Nonnie and Pop following behind in the car. We were headed to MCG from University's ER with our little man, his seizures taking over.

So today, we ran down that street, happy, healthy, a family, running, YES RUNNING! We may be a little bruised and banged up but we are alive and well thanks to an amazing God who lead us through a very tough yet very rewarding year.

Will had a blast, he held on to the bar on his stroller as if he was driving, rocking, waving, laughing. He is a special child, a miracle, that ran (okay got pushed in a stroller) down the same road that he began hooked up to all sorts of meds and tubes. What a difference!

And here are the two hospitals, taken from the same street corner that separated us, but today we began, ran, and finished together!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY BELLS!!! I would venture to say that a year ago you wouldn't have seen something so beautiful about a 5K. What a wonderful post! Love the picture of Will looking up at you.

    ReplyDelete