Sunday, November 3, 2013

A No Pressure Run

This past week has been a tough week but a good week.  I really feel like I have been able to step back and take a breath in order to press on each day but it has still been relentless.  I didn't run at all this week because I sat in a conference all day Monday, then again on Tuesday with two tours on a school bus to see where our kids live, eye opening none the less.  Needless to say, sitting is what KILLS my pubic bone, nope not running, sitting.  Honestly if I could move around all the time it would never hurt.  Once the damage is done, its almost a week before it stops hurting enough that I can take a step without a tear coming to my eyes.  

Friday I texted my husband, I needed a run, things were starting to feel better.  I asked for Saturday morning, for a run with my mom, for about an hour and half.  He was golfing that afternoon so we were even:-)!  As always, he gladly gave me permission, I think he knows that I am much happier when I run!

Saturday morning I told my mom I was going for a trail run, for about an hour and a half if all felt well, no distance in mind, no pace in mind, just run for an hour and a half.  She gladly joined.  Another change, I was waking up when my son woke me up, no alarm, no need to go early, it is cool enough to take our time.  We rolled out of the house around 8.  Hit a trail about 10 minutes max from home, and ran, for an hour and a half.  IT WAS WONDERFUL!  

Asheville is a hard place to find a gentle route on the trails, but with some help we found it.  Hills were still there but I ran when I could and walked when I couldn't.  We enjoyed the end of the fall colors, the beauty of the mountains, the quiet of the trail, the pit stops for my dog, the JOY OF RUNNING!

How could you not running through this:

Welcome to Asheville, North Carolina and the Mountain To Sea trail off of the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Miles of beauty!

The trails felt wonderful, the cool air refreshing.  I had no pains, no bladder issues, just felt great so we went for a full hour and a half.  Have I said it yet, IT WAS WONDERFUL!  My joy was found Saturday morning in these woods!

When I got home I had realized I recently saw a picture post run ( I think I had gone 3 miles) 26 pregnant with Will so I took the opportunity, now at 26 weeks pregnant with his brother to do a side by side comparison.  I have to say, although I had no distance goal we covered a good bit more ground than 3 miles:-)  So here it is:


I didn't think I could carry lower than I did with Will but apparently I can.  It is amazing to see the child that was inside my belly standing behind me as high as my belly!  I weighed less going into this pregnancy, and I am happier now, we live in a place I have called "home" for many years, I am happy in this place!  Now, I was very happy to be pregnant with Will but it was tough to be away from "home" and family!

Happy Running!  Happy Pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment