Yep that's how I feel right now:-) I haven't found much time to post on here or do much beyond the routine at all. If you ask me if I've seen a show, a movie, read a book, my answer more than likely will be no. It's a very busy time in the world of school psychology, I'm training yet again for a last hurrah weekend of a 30k trail run followed by a 15k the next day, and attempting the daunting task of parenting a three year old. And that is why I am back.
Within 5 minutes tonight this is what went down:
Will hanging on the bar overhang of the counter, me, "Will please come away from that and sit in your chair." Will walked away after one last linger, bypassed the chair and began drawing with a marker on a chalk board, me, "Will, use the marker on the other side, that side is for chalk." After briefly picking up a piece of chalk he then dropped some things on the ground and walked out to the screen porch and pulled out a random drawer on his legs.........a regular scenario these days.
Will was an easy baby and a fairly easy two year old. He is strong willed, we've known that for a while now. But when he turned three its like something clicked, and I'm pretty sure that something was a volcano of sin just spurting day after day after day. Manipulation, hitting, kicking, defiance, disrespect, the list goes on and all things are multiplied by 1,000 when in public. It's like some sixth sense that kids have, they know they can do so much more in public because we can't respond the same.
Needless to say this first month of being three has been tough, but I am thankful to have friends who have gone before and helped me so much just in this month. I am reading Give Them Grace which has been wonderful yet still so hard in the heat of discipline. I pray a lot and I screw up a lot. Parenting is the toughest yet most rewarding job I can think of having and I wouldn't change it for the world.
A couple more Will is 3 moments to leave you with:
Me: Will how old are you? Will: I'm 1!
Me: you are 3 now Will, you had your birthday! Will: (with a look of defiance) NO MOMMY I AM 1!
Perfect stranger: How old are you? Will: 3
Ah the joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment