Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Little Bit of Christmas

What follows is just a few of the pictures of our Christmas season!  Will has enjoyed so much of it and really grasped some things I wasn't sure about yet.  We wanted to start getting him interested in Santa and Christmas beyond the presents so here are a few things we are doing and a comment on some of his favorites.
 
1. Watching Rudolph with the Abominable Snowman (aka Will's munster) and Will is in aw of this movie, I love it, no need for hi-def stuff, just the good old claymation!
2.  He LOVES the drummer boy and on his Christmas CD we listen to it over and over and over again
3. He loves Rudolph and gets the biggest kick out of singing it old school with Pinocchio and George Washington.
4. We are reading the Jesus Storybook Bible in parts to give him the idea of the meaning of Christmas.
5. Baking, baking, and wrapping and gifting.
6.  And much much more:-)
 
I was hesitant about taking him to see Santa, thinking he would run away, or be "that kid" that hits Santa.  And so.....he ran away, but I caught him, took him to Santa, he asked for a "green car" and sat on his lap.  Love this kid!
 
One other small Christmas note: Will is at the age that he asks for some things, shows great excitement in others (i.e. a green scooter) but at the age of a few months shy of 3, I know good and well that Will has no concept of "how many" or "how much" and relating that to his joy.  So Austin and I have really taken that this year and kept gifts for Will at a minimum.  It is a book, art supply, kind of year, with a green scooter thrown in since he asked and it wasn't much!  That is my challenge and I will continue to challenge myself to stick to this as he gets older.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment