Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It's time for me to say.....

First of all I do want to say prayers to all affected by Sandy! It is hard to watch and I can't imagine what it is like to be in it!

I have been thinking about this for a while and am finally ready to write it down.  It is time for me to say I hate politics:-) okay so it is more than that.  I really don't like politics, it makes me nutty to listen to all the round about responses, lies, and more, but it is an important part of being an American so here is what I have to say:

Dear republicans and democrats (green and.......), liberals and conservatives, believers and unbelievers, this is the United States of America where we are able to enjoy freedom, including the freedom and privilege to vote! We all have this freedom no matter what our political stance may be. So I encourage each of you to think about this, if we all believed the same thing and supported the same person and lived the same way, it wouldn't be the USA, it wouldn't be freedom, it's wouldn't be right, there would be no need for a president, there would be no need to vote.  

We are Americans, we are all different in some way, we are free and able to believe different things.  So my challenge is this (yes I know we are only a week away), educate yourself on the candidates, make an informed decision, and vote for the person you feel is best, even if they may not be your normal political party.  The second part of my challenge is this, stop tormenting others, stop bashing others, stop attacking the other side and focus on supporting your educated decision. If we all gave in to the peer pressure, gave in and listened to the hatred that comes from some, we would be part of a world without freedom.  We would end up choosing someone based on fear, and we all know that is not an educated decision.

I am not telling you who to vote for, I am not picking on one party or another, I have seen it from all sides, all walks of life.  Believers and unbelievers the same, showing such hate toward those of a different political party.  Don't get me wrong, would I love for everyone to share the same sort of conservative beliefs as me, sure! But again, I know that freedom is a good thing and that differences are a good thing, that we were created to be unique and different from one another.

So, go vote, but before you do, educate yourself, know why you are voting for the person you chose. And lastly, you can't fully support a position without gaining knowledge about both sides of the fence and having knowledge to back up why you voted for a candidate and also why you did not vote for a candidate! 

I will be voting Tuesday but more importantly, I will be praying (continuing to pray) that God work and that he place the person in the White House that fits his plan for us here on earth.  It is not always what we think it should be, but one thing I have learned, even if God does something I don't like, he still gets amazing results in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment