Tonight, during this crazy transition time in our life, I was making dinner while Austin loaded up the car for another trip to Asheville and Will was "helping" us both. I put my Itouch on the dock and turned on some music to keep us going. We are all a little tired and I feel like my mind is in so many places its hard to focus. I was trying for Pandora but changed my mind and went to my playlists. I quickly decided on one.......
As I made dinner, Austin packed the car, and Will played and laughed, we listened to my playlist called "The Day." I made this playlist a little over two years ago for the day we would wait for Will to come. Its amazing, I look back and didn't realize how awesome this would be to listen to down the road. Running playlists change, this one never has.
So today, the day after mother's day, I listened and remembered what a blessed day it was that Austin and I were able to call ourselves parents, only because God so awesomely decided Will would be ours. And not only would he be ours, he would allow us to keep him beyond day three when we thought we were going to lose him. Sometimes this thought overwhelms me, okay most of the time, because I did nothing to deserve this, I fail every day at this job called "mom" yet God sees me fit to raise this child under His care!
Each song came on and I remembered that day, some songs more upbeat than others, most of them encouraging songs, but they all mean so much! It was a painful day to say the least and maybe 8 hours into Pit induced labor I wasn't so much hearing them, but I remember them. The ones that I clung to that day and cling to now, mean so much to me...All the Way my Savior Leads Me, In Christ Alone, Before the Throne of God Above, Amazing Grace, Mighty to Save......and the list continues!
What a mighty God we serve, one that doesn't lose sight of the details, one that knows every moment of our lives and has a plan for each of those moments, easy or tough. God is in the silence, he is in the noise, he is all around us and even two years and some months later, he brings us to our knees in thanks for the amazing gifts he has given....What a playlist I will remember here on earth, what a God I will know for eternity!
No comments:
Post a Comment