Monday, January 23, 2012

"That" Mom:-)



The day has come, I am officially "that" mom!  You all know me, I am healthy, I like healthy foods, I made all of Will's baby food which he devoured so much of, I wasn't going to let him have any crap until he was older!  But yep....I am now "that" mom I always swore I would never be.

On the way home from NC last night I called my mom (and this will come as a shock to many) to tell her I was excited that Will was eating fries and a rice krispie treat to which she responded "good, at least he is getting calories!"  I was ecstatic that he was eating it.  I have had my moments of trying to let him "starve" only giving him healthy options until he was hungry enough he would eat.  Is Will picky? In his own way. 

Here is Will, one day he might eat asparagus and refuse Peanut Butter M&Ms, the next he may refuse everything healthy on his plate and only have a smoothie of his dinner, the next only something snacky and sweet. 

I have been in tears over his outright refusal to eat, only to be told by many, he won't "starve" himself.  Easier said than done, looking back I know many parents can say that but remember the days of horror that they went through thinking the same thoughts I do.  I have given great effort to only offer him good options in hopes he will eat, doesn't work for this child.  He would rather move than eat.

He sits at the table with us to start but gets bored so fast and won't eat a thing.  He has been doing this over the past months but the last two weeks have been the worst.  So yes, I am officially "that" mom...just happy he gets some calories.  Of course we are trying nutrients, so tonight I was happy he ate a home made oatmeal raisin cookie:-) and we are also doing the baby food packets to get veggies and fruit.  One thing he is consistent in: his milk, downs it every time.

So here is the deal, this was meant to be fun, to say motherhood isn't always what you think you are going to do, things have to change! Once he is old enough for me to explain things to him, I will fight the fight, but today, he has to eat, so I rejoice over some raisins and oats and CALORIES:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment