Christmas, what an awesome time of year! And how awesome it is to be with family this year, to have Austin home more than at work for some pretty crazy hours! We have had a blast over the last weekends doing things we haven't had a chance to do in past years. Has every moment this year been easy, not a chance! But I was reminded twice this weekend of some pretty amazing promises.
First....while running yesterday with my fearless leader Lindy (Austin and Will let me keep going to get 7 miles in) I heard these words on my iPod:
"I can count a million times, people asking me how I can praise you with all that we've gone through. The question just amazes me, can circumstances possibly change, who I forever am in You?"
Man those are hard words. To be honest, I have doubted, many times but yesterday I listened to those words and thought about what I was doing as I heard them, I was running! I doubted if I would run again, why God did that to me, but look what I was doing, running, 7 miles at that! God is so good!
And then this morning, we hear it over and over but today I listened as I prayed:
Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. GIVE US TODAY OUR DAILY BREAD, forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. Lead us not into temptation, deliver us from evil, for Thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever and ever, AMEN!
Austin and I have been faced with a lot of turns in our road over the last 21 months, turns that we have questioned, turns that we have cried out "WHY!" and turns that we have outright doubted. I sit here now and look back and am fully confident when I say, EACH DAY we have been provided our needs, and each day that comes to us in the future, we will be provided our needs in the same way! What a promise!
Merry Christmas!

AMEN! God has shown us that He is the ultimate provider. When we find rest in that we find peace. When we try to provide on our own we find, stress, fear, and anger. This is a lesson I learn over and over!
ReplyDelete