This morning I had a little bit of a trip down memory lane and stayed home with Will to take him to his 18 month appointment (and now really can't wait for the day I can stay home again). We had an awesome morning, went for a run on the canal with some GREAT friends, and then headed to the doctor. Once in the room Will and I practiced his verbal skills, played peek-a-boo, and butted heads on if he should be allowed to wander in the hallway in his diaper (he figured out how to open the door all too quickly and continually opened it and said "bye bye!").
Once the doctor came in Will put on a great show talking about shoes, pop (Will's rock star), trucks, tractors and much more that I am still decoding! I went fearing a drop off the weight charts but NO! He is "tall and lean" 75th %ile for height and 25th %ile for weight. He was also described as having better verbal skills than the average boy his age. Yipeee! And when asked about his behavior, I said it was "good" to which the doctor was a bit shocked. He said at this age he usually gets a response related to temper tantrums, etc. But Will is not that way most of the time, he is still the easy, loving, amazing child he has been for the last 18 months!
We also filled out "the questionnaire" and as my school psychologist brain went through all of the autism criteria I couldn't help but wonder how accurate it really turns out to be with parents these days:-)
After the doctor it was back to the life that we have been blessed with at this point. Its weird, over this week I have just had this amazing sense of peace come over me about our current situation. And I would be dishonest if I were to say it has been because this week has been easy. It indeed has not: recovering from a horrid 3 day headache/sinus infection, extreme frustration with some things at work, and a looming meeting with Austin at work tomorrow. But still, there is a peace, I am healing, work is frustrating but I love the kids I work with and that helps, and I know God has already planned the meeting tomorrow and what will come after.
I have also asked myself some today, do I have a right to find this difficult? Some people have it so much harder than I, I was brought to tears by a friends pictures on Facebook tonight of her husband's return after months overseas! I don't know the answer, I know opinions, and I really feel that yes it is okay because we are all human and we all have our times of need that are not small to the God who is providing for our every need.
So I sit here tonight (with 10 more minutes till Modern Family:-) and I thank the Lord for this peace, I have prayed for this peace, and I ask now that he continues to wrap us in his arms and protect us! I also thank him all the time for Will, man he is the reason I smile, the reason I laugh, and the reason I now truly know how to love!
And a little more info on this meeting for those of you who wish to pray: we don't know if it will be anything, but we pray that it is a meeting that gives us some knowledge of the path of Austin's job at Balsam and further help in deciding where our family will go or stay (we are really just ready to be together wherever that may be)!
No comments:
Post a Comment