Monday, September 27, 2010

WOW 6 months!






Will is officially 6 months old! We all ask this question, "Where has the time gone?" Because of this question and all of the warnings from older and wiser people, I have made it my goal to cherrish every moment, even the tough moments. I have hesitated to say "I can't wait" because I know that when I get to that moment that I couldn't wait for, I will miss the moments that just rushed right on by. So as I look back at an amazing 6 months here are the things that I cherrished that have changed greatly:


  • intimate late night feedings
  • falling asleep in my arms (this still happens but not as easily)
  • sweet smelling breastmilk diapers even if it was 5 and 6 times a day
  • infant tub bath time
  • laying him in the middle of the bed, couch or any high place with no fear of rolling
  • the infant car seat that has been long outgrown since 3 months
  • sweet cries
  • and so so so much more

And even if they have changed, newer things have taken their place and I know that I will look back at the new things and think the same. Some things that I love right now:


  • rolling over and over and over
  • jumping in his jumper or on my legs and in his sleep
  • laughing, smiling, giggling and crying
  • reaching for everything
  • food that he has tried: sweet potato and cereal
  • the umbrella stroller
  • holding him when he gets sick and wakes up at night
  • and so so so much more



God has blessed us with a healthy little boy and every second of the day he is changing and growing and it will all continue to fly by. So I continue to love every moment. What better way to say it then this: He doesn't care if I put on my makeup..he just loves to see me smile, he doesn't care what my voice sounds like...he just loves to hear me sing, he doesn't care how much money I have..he just wants me by his side...and he doesn't care if I had time to shower...he just wants me to love him. What amazing love! And..after going through such a rough beginning, I just think - don't take anything for granted, a healthy child and a healthy mom are not a given but God has every moment planned out and he will carry us each and every step, even the tough ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment