Monday, January 3, 2011

41 Weeks Old


Last Thursday Will was officially 41 weeks old! That's right, Thursday was the day he officially spent 1 day more on land than he did in my belly. I think back and wonder which seemed to go by faster and I really don't know. I have enjoyed both times immensely! I absolutely LOVED being pregnant for 41 weeks and I thought that was the best thing ever, until he came and now I have absolutely LOVED being his mommy for 41 weeks.


I am so very thankful that God allowed me to carry a child for a day shy of 41 weeks. Many take this for granted. I am not perfect, that is not the point, but when I got pregnant after a miscarraige, I set out to be thankful for each and every day, I knew that pregnancy could take up to 41 weeks and I was more than happy to go the distance. I couldn't wait to meet my little one, but I loved the experience of carrying him so dependent on me in my belly! Now I love every moment I have with him. Not to beat a dead horse but I can't imagine life without him, and as that was almost a reality, I am forever thankful for these 41 weeks of his life on land and can only ask God for so many more weeks but be thankful for each moment I am given!

No comments:

Post a Comment