Friday, July 9, 2010

Rock-a-by Goodbye!

As if there weren't enough challenges to face in parenting, today Will is officially saying goodbye to being rocked close to sleep!
In his first two months, he would easily fall asleep after being swaddled, placed in the crib or pac-n-play and left to sleep. But of course, one day it was way to tempting to hold his little/big cute self and rock, and that is where it began!
So today, two naps down, one to go, and he is officially doing pretty well. What mother wants to listen to their little one "cry" and just let them be? I sure don't so this is tough, he doesn't really cry but he sure makes enough noise to try to get me to give in. Its only the first day but I haven't given in yet!
Here's for hoping that this continues on a good path! We are off to a good start, I wish I could always rock him to sleep, it is such a peaceful and intimate moment with my little doodlebug, but problems will arise so we are nipping this one and saying so long sleep tight!
Although parenting has its challenges, it gives such a feeling of success as each challenge is overcome and new things are learned each moment because I have obviously never done this before!

No comments:

Post a Comment